We are a spokes council of grass roots groups from the Colorado Plateau and nearby seeking a fundamental transformation of power in our society. We advocate for Climate Justice, clean water, protection of sacred sites, healthy land, and clean air.
We believe in the power of people taking direct action that not only disrupts how power is held, but simultaneously creates the world we want to build. We believe in the power of story telling, music, and art to cultivate the imagination needed to create a different world.
We are building a movement of people working towards a world where the rights of Mother Earth are respected, where the rights of First Nations are recognized, and where we practice compassion that allows us to look across the abysses of racism and genocide that lie between us.
Working Agreements for Participation in the Mass Action:
*These are not meant to convey judgment about any of the following actions, but to simply create an action that is open to many people with differing ideologies
1. We will use no violence, physical or verbal, towards any person.
2. We will challenge oppression in all its forms and will not tolerate behavior that denigrates or marginalizes people based on their race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or other identities.
3. We will carry no weapons
4. We will not bring or use any illegal drugs or alcohol
5. We will not destroy property
6. Any debates or criticisms will stay internal to the movement, avoiding any public or media denunciations of fellow activists and events.
7. We will not assist law enforcement in the repression of action participants or others.